Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans





 Friday night wasn't much. Just lots of snuggles with the munchkin.
Gotta love it.
She may make me want to rip my hair out at times (or hers), but I love her more than I ever thought possible.
She's stubborn (can't imagine where she got that from), and she likes to push buttons and test her boundaries (can't seem to figure that one out either) 
but when she comes up to me and asks
"mommie, can we snuggle" 
or tells me
"I want a hug and a kiss"
Yup...my heart...it melts.
They say there's nothing like a parent's love..and damn is it true.


Saturday I did more hanging out with her.
Watched some Sophia the First and some Ninja Turtles.
(gender role stereotypes are dumb and aren't found in our house)


Sat. night I left her at home with my grandma, took a drive and hung out in a barn for a few hours.
Good food, great people.
I even got to play with a couple of German Shepherds.
Only they were more interested in the food than in me.
Jokes were made, laughs were had, it was great.
Couldn't have asked for a better time.


Sunday...oh Sunday.

Woke up with Saturday still on my mind.
Forced the rugrat to clean her room.
I say forced because I had to threaten to start throwing things away if she didn't get her little ass in there and get busy.

And then it happened.

I went into the one place I should never be allowed in.


I only go there once...MAYBE twice a year.

It's terrible.
It's amazing.
I love it
My bank account hates it.
I should be banned.

I bought myself 8 books 
(2 full series', the last book in a series I've been reading, and a book for my book club)
Bought my mom 5 books
(an entire series)
Bought my brother a box set of 3 books
And I bought the munchkin a giant book of all of Grimm's fairy tales for us to read together.

The lady at the checkout counter looked at me like I had lost my damn mind.

why yes, yes I am
You don't even want to think about what my total was.
Hell, I don't even want to think about what my total was.

My mom and I are going to be trading books too. Sooo, essentially, we both got 3 new series' to read.

.



Check out the social media here:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl! I barely have time to read blogs or write mine, let alone read a book :). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete