Monday, January 28, 2013

Runs for Cookies 5K Recap



So everyone knows that Katie at Runs for Cookies was hosting her virtual 5K in honor of her 31st birthday. And if you didn't know that, you've been living under a rock and haven't heard of her blog.
If that is somehow the case, you need to take your ass over there pronto.
She's the bees knees!

I know that you're just DYING to know how i did right?
Hey, a girl can dream right?

Welp, I wish I had better news to report than I actually do.


I should've known that Friday would be a cruddy day. I started off the morning by slipping and almost busting my ass on the way to work...But I would not be deterred!!

Then I was leaving work and almost fell down the escalator. I have a tendency to walk up or down them rather than just stand there. Then...yup, you guessed it, twisted my ankle and almost ate shit.


So i walked it off. Really didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to get home. I had to walk to the bus stop.

Got home, spent some time with the munchkin and the changed clothes and headed out. First half mile was going great. That's where I take to running on the outskirts of my neighborhood along a main road. This stretch just so happens to not be paved.


Sooo, that mean my clumsy ass is running through the grass.

I usually don't have any problems with this stretch but somehow, my klutz gene was in overdrive.
Well, my graceful self rolled my ankle and went down like a sack of potatoes.


Then I had to limp the .8 miles back home to grab an ice pack.

As if it wasn't enough...I realized that my ACE bandage was sitting on my desk at work. Crappit! My brain fails me again.


Buuuut, I finished my (mostly limping) 1.3 miles in 21:27

It's Monday morning and this damn ankle of mine still hurts. But I have my ACE bandage now and have it wrapped.

Check out the new social media here:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.

1 comment: