Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Juicing fail and 3 AM fever


Looks like it's another two post kinda day. This will be a long one. I'm on a roll....mmm rolls. No! This is a no carb day! do NOT think about rolls.

So, I decided that I should give this whole juicing thing a try. At least once or twice right. Why not.

My grandma brought home a juicer a few weeks ago so I decided last night that it was time to give it a whirl. 

Got in contact with a friend of mine who had been juicing for a suggestion of what to throw in there and headed to the store to get what I needed.

This is where it starts to go downhill.

You see, I am a blonde. And I tend to have more blonde moments than I have hairs on this head of mine. This is why I dye my hair. I try to hide it...but my actions give me away every time.

Guess I should've paid closer attention to what kind of juicer it was that was sitting in my kitchen.

....it's a citrus juicer. Nothing more, nothing less.


How the HELL am I supposed to make this work?!

Welp, I'm too damn stubborn to admit defeat. I wanted to make juice for myself for breakfast. I was going to have juice damnit. come hell or high water, I was gonna make it happen.

Soooooo, I took my apple, pear, carrot, spinach, and blueberries and threw those mother truckers into my food processor. Well....they were sufficiently shredded..but that was about it.

Hmmmmm, now what.

I wonder if I put this shredded up conglomeration of crap into the citrus juicer I might be able to make it work. 

Not a chance in hell.

Crappit. Now what.

 LIGHTBULB!!!

Out came a bowl, a strainer, and a potato masher thing. 

Yup, I mashed the juice out of that shit by hand through the strainer and into the bowl.
It took forEVER. But I got it done. And DAMN that ish was tasty.

But now I keep thinking about eating. I'm not hungry...but I want to chew on something. But I'm out of gum. I should buy more gum. Maybe I'll go buy gum at lunch. I like gum.
I digress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving on. 

I don't know about your kid(s) but mine hates bedtime. As in absolutely loathes it. She must think that bedtime is some sort of evil trick I came up with just to thwart her and make her miss the important stuff.

She will do anything and everything her little brain can think of to get out of going to sleep.


She's figured out that mommie doesn't fall for that crap...but Granny does. So guess who she goes to. Sure isn't me. But I still catch her anyways.

Well last night was no different. She had been fine all night then at bedtime magically a "sore throat" appeared along with a cough (that I was convinced was fake). There was no fever. nothing. I deemed it an excuse to get out of bed, and told her to go to sleep.

3 AM rolls around and she comes to climb in my bed. Half asleep mommie sees the bathroom light on and mutters for her to go to bed. She takes off into my grandma's room. I get up and follow her.

Holy shit-turds! This kid has 100 degree fever. Keep in mind her normal body temp is around the 97 degree range (she runs a low natural body temp like her mother...I stay around 96. Strange I know.)

I give her some meds and ask my gma if she can keep her home today. Of course she agreed and now I'm here at work full of mommie guilt for A) being at work while she's sick, and B) shrugging it off as nothing when she was actually sick. 

I can't really take off of work though to get her into the doctor. I am going to try to sneak out a little early (think 15 minutes) to try to get her into the walk in clinic by our house tonight before they close. 

Here's to hoping it's not the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment