Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Useless fact Wednesday

 
  • In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined. (having been through a few hurricanes, this does not surprise me)
  •  The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.  
  • The electric chair was invented by a dentist (aaannnd now I'm afraid of the dentist)
  • In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.  (Holy owwwww!!! Can you imagine?!)
  •  Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day (Makes me never want to eat pizza again...who am I kidding, I can't give up pizza)
  • The cigarette lighter was invented before the match  (how the...?)
  • A snail can sleep for three years.  (Yet I can't sleep uninterrupted for 8 hours?! How is this fair?!)
  • An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain (Sounds like some people that I know)
  • A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to be a pig in my next life)
  • A cat's urine glows under a black light  (who the hell decided it would be a good idea to test this theory. Seriously, how high were they?)

Now you know 10 new, useless facts. Go impress some people with your new found knowledge and awesomeness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment