Thursday, December 6, 2012

My morning mixed with some pinned it and did it

Welp, I did it. I managed to wake my (not so) happy ass up with enough time to work out this morning. Barely. But I did. I wanted to wake up at 5:30....5:50 is the same thing right? We can play pretend. I did 30 DS this morning but I can't say I did well. I was half asleep the whole time and I know that I didn't give it everything I could have. My form sucked for at least half of it and I kept having these ginormous yawns mid everything. Please someone tell me that morning workouts get easier! Please.

Then I went to Starbucks and got a bold coffee...but I cheated the system. I took some peppermint mocha creamer with me so that I didn't have to pay $5+ for a cup of peppermint mocha coffee. I got the giant cup for $2 and some change, added in my creamer and even a smidgen of protein powder to kick start my day. I love my coffee...I don't function without it. H even knows better than to screw with me before my morning cup.


Now onto the Pinned it and did it portion:

Several months ago I pinned this
Origin of pin can be found here.
You can find other pins I've tried here.


It's baked sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. The pinner before me said that it was addicting, mouthwatering, and that they would be making it again within the same week. Talk about a rave review. I'm not a huge sweet and sour chicken fan so I just kind of rolled my eyes and thought suuuure, it's amazing, riiiigggght. But I pinned it anyways because...well, why not?

I finally got around to making it (forgot to take pictures...silly me) and let me tell you, it was friggin amazing. I'm talking I wanted to make more right then and there. I'm not even a big sweet and sour chicken fan and I loved it. I will be making this again and again and again.

In case you're too lazy to click the clickable links, here is the recipe:
I didn't make the fried rice, so I didn't include that recipe...you'll have to click they clicky thing for that.

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
The chicken coating:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
The sweet and sour sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. 
Rinse chicken breasts in water, then cut into cubes. 
Season with salt and pepper to taste. 
Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.  
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through. 
Place chicken in a greased baking dish. 
Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk 
Pour evenly over the chicken. 
Bake for one hour turning the chicken every 15 minutes.   
 
Now send your taste buds into taste bud heaven and thank me later :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was looking for you. You must have settings that I couldn't tag and ask how you were on FB. Glad you are back, and that does look fab!

    ReplyDelete