Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bake-tarded

I've been so lost in the world of baking that I feel like I might as well have taken a head first dive into the marshmellow man. Seriously. What the actual fuck?! Sunday I made just over 12 DOZEN cookies, 9 DOZEN pieces of candy, and a pan of brownies. ...all in about an eight hour time span. (shoot me now) Then, last night I got home and made ANOTHER 9 dozen truffles. Tonight I get to make another 2 dozen cookies and then tomorrow begins the decorating. I don't even want to know how many my mom is up to because she's been working on it all more than I have. The thought scares me inside.

But it just isn't the holidays if you don't get jaw jacked by the smell of cookies as soon as you walk into my house. (same goes for my mom's) Seriously though, its like you get punched in the jaw, wrestled to the ground, put in a submission hold, and forced to tap out. My house still smells like brown sugar and chocolate. 

I didn't take as many photos as I should have...but here are the few that i got. (they were from the first hour or two) 




Saturday H and I went and met up with one of my most amazing of friends (then again, I only hang out with amazing people so I guess they're all amazing) who just so happens to be an AWESOME photographer. You can see some of her work here. She took our Christmas pictures for us and they were soooo good. I love them! Already have the Christmas cards in the mail and everything. I'll have some up tomorrow for your viewing pleasure because my kid is aDORable . Sooo, maybe I'm a little biased...but even if I wasn't she's still frigging cute as hell. I have to wait for them to get watermarked before posting them all over the interwebz though so you'll just have to wait.

Desirae from Going with the Flow is hosting a DietBet. It's a pretty nifty concept. You tell them to take your money, then you commit to losing 4% of your body weight in 28 days. Everyone that joins throws their money into the pot and whoever meets the 4% goal either wins or splits (if there's more than one) the pot.

I want to join in but I'm waiting on an email back from them. The rules say that you have to submit two pictures every week, One of the numbers on the scale and another immediately after that is a full body shot of you standing on the scale. Welp, unless I want to trust my 4 year old to take a picture of me, I'm not sure how to accomplish that last part. I don't have a full length mirror so I'm trying to see if they will let me take a picture from above. You know, pretending like I'm an antenna or some shit. Arm straight up in the air trying to angle the camera to where you can see me and the scale all in the same picture.

Here's the button to take you to the bet she's hosting. It's a $10 buy in, starts on 01/02/12, and is currently at $40. You should join it. Who wouldn't want to get paid to lose weight?


If you don't already read Desirae's blog, you should. Don't question it...just do it. Go there...now. I've linked her blog and everything. Go...

Social dieting...I wish I could've been the genius that thought of this.

2 comments:

  1. You are in a baking frenzy! I have only done 3 things so far. Suddenly at a standstill. Are you going to post the pics of you and the youngling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to put them up as soon as the photographer gets them watermarked. I specifically asked her about it since she didn't watermark them before I put them on my cards.

      I'll also get some more pictures of all of the cookies once they are on the trays. :)

      Delete