Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday

Remember how I said that I had lost that extra little bit that made me hit the 10 pound mark but how I didn't want to count it yet because I only count Wednesdays....This week is why. I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a 1.4 pound gain from last Wednesday.  That means that I have not in fact hit that stupid 10 pound mark. That margarita and Mexican food from the weekend didn't help. Neither did the three sodas that I had this past week...or the oreo truffle mix that I just haaad to taste while I was making them. *sigh* But it lit a fire under my ass and back on track I go.

The Truffles I made for Boss' Day

I had a crap day yesterday. I saw a horrid picture of myself on facebook from a month and a half ago. 

Awwww, isn't H so cute! But see that whale in the back. blech, no bueno. Seeing that made me want to simultaneously cry, throw up, and hit things. It also made me REALLY want one of the cupcakes or truffles that were in the office kitchen. And it really made me want Chick-Fil-A for lunch since I had left mine at home.

Instead, I went into the bathroom at work and took these:





















Then I went into the shops (which is like downtown's version of a mini mall), walked past the Chick-Fil-A, past the America's Cookie Factory, past the awesome barbeque place, past the awesome cajun food place, and straight to Salata where I got this for lunch:

Drank a metric ass ton of water too!

Then I went home and laced up and went for a run...in the rain.

After my run/walk thing
 
 I've heard that running is a mental game so many times but last night I found it out for myself. I had a crappy day and was down on myself and thus I ended up having a crappy run. I walked more than C25k dictated that I should, some of my "runs" were barely more than a walk, but you know what? I did it. And I'm proud of myself for that. Had you told me a few months ago that I'd be running in the rain after a crappy day I would've laughed in your face. Yet here I am, and I sure as hell did it.

So here's to a better week because as we all know, shit could be worse.


1 comment:

  1. Grouch is the best. You are still miles ahead of those sitting at home. Great job getting out!

    ReplyDelete