Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday & Weekend Recap

It's Wednesday and I'm FINALLY posting again. Sorry guys, it's been nuts. School started again for me yesterday. I'm excited and dreading it both at the same time.

What does Wednesday mean??? My dreaded date with the scale. Last week I saw a 1.4 pound increase. BOOO! Well, this week I lost that 1.4 pounds again along with an additional .6 more. That's right, 2 whole pounds.

My calf is still freaking killing me and I want to go run sooo bad but when I try I think I'd rather hack my leg off with a dull butter knife. So wait it out it is. I've been icing, stretching, and using an ace bandage. Which by the way, I had to buy another one. What the frick man? I own about 12 billion of them yet I can't find any of them. Someone this clumsy has a surplus of ace bandages....trust me.

Onto the weekend! It was pretty fantabulous. I got my "me" day on Saturday (Thanks Granny, you're the bees knees!) and took advantage of it. I started off with an extra long, extra scalding hot shower. Then I went to this place:

And was it amazing! The people there are super nice and awesome. True story. They even let me run up and down the sidewalk of the strip center in two different pairs of shoes to figure out which one was best. I left with a pair of these:

Aren't they amazing! It was a choice between those and a pair of Brooks.
Talk about the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm in love.

Then I went home to relax a bit more, drank some coffee, watched some TV, was an all around bum. I wanted to run but the (incredibly short) run from testing my shoes already had me wishing that I didn't have a leg. So yes, I was icing my leg while watching TV and drinking coffee.

Once my leg felt better, I ran to target to pick up a new sports bra, a light weight jacket (it's starting to get chilly) and a new pair of pants to run in. Then back home for a nap. Yup, that's right, this momma got a nap. As in, by myself, no feet kicking me in the ribs, little hands smacking my face, none of that. A 1.5 hour, all by myself nap in the middle of the day on a Saturday. It was heavenly.

Then I woke up and went to here:

Sorry, forgot to get a picture there, so their website provided me with their logo!

They have lots of nifty stuff there for sale in their "boutique" in addition to offering other spa services. I was just there for my hair though. Maybe a massage will be in my future. ;)

I went from this:




To this:


Yay shorter hair! Then Saturday night, one of the besties and I went to the bar for celebratory drinks because she got hired from her externship! Woohoo!! And no, we didn't get shit-hammered, take pictures of ourselves puking in the toilet while flicking off the camera drunk. Just a couple of drinks.


Then I lost at giant Jenga:

 
It's the first time she beat me and she got it on camera. But it's ok, I got a good one of her last time we went out. Right after she asked if it (the jenga game) was getting taller mind you. I told her no, that she was just shrinking. I still haven't let her live that down.
 
I promise she doesn't really have a giant black hole for a face


Sunday was a relaxing day at home with H. Nothing really happened. Here she is playing dress-up:
 
I promise her room wasn't that messy before she started playing.
 
Now to go catch up on the 18 billion blog posts that I've missed.









2 comments:

  1. You've been nominated! http://www.susantoday.com/2012/10/woot-award-nominations.html (And love the new shoes & hair!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you! http://lifeasweknowit76.blogspot.com/2012/10/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete