Friday, October 5, 2012

Pinned it and did it

I kill a lot of time on pinterest and I pin a lot of stuff. Not that I ever think I'll get around to it, i just like it so I pin it. Why? Because...well, no reason really. It actually makes about zero sense. Again, it's a waste of time and I know it. Every now and then I'll try something that I see there and last night was one of those nights.

I have a baby shower coming up this weekend so I thought I would get a smidgen bit crafty. And I say smidgen bit because it's so easy anyone could do it.

Here is the original pin..
 

Awww, cute right?! Onesies and socks turned into cupcakes, ah-freakin-dorable!

Here's the low-down, they are cure. And they are easy. BUT they work best with NEWBORN size onesies. Otherwise you WILL have a hard time getting them to fit into the cupcake liner.

I'm a broke B and a procrastinator so the cute little cupcake box thing from Micheals will not exist in this blog. Moving forward!
 

You're going to need onesies, (dur) socks, tape, cupcake liners, and some sort of box like thing to put them in.

(I love baby clothes, they are too friggin cute and they are soooo tiny! I wish H was still that small...only let her stay potty trained please! Kthanks!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fold the onesie lengthwise twice. Really cruddy picture, this was before I had it fully figured out, but the only picture of this stage I took, the one from the original pin was better. It was late, cut me some slack.




















Roll up the sock and place it on the folded up onesie with the tip just over the edge. The sock is supposed to be the "cherry" but since this was for a boy, the colors were a little off.

Roll that sucker up and tape it in place! Then into the cupcake liner it goes.



As you can see, it didn't quite fit into the cupcake liner for me. Then again, I don't believe in buying NEWBORN size clothes for baby showers because I think that it's pointless and a waste of money. 




















This is the best one by far. And yes, I was watching Grimm while doing this...in my bed... Don't judge me.

My box would only fit three of the four since I had the different sizes. I bought 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, and 12 months. 
 
When I had H I was sooo thankful to have those clothes in the larger sizes because it meant less shopping and less money for me to have to spend. I always try to pass that gift along. Same for diapers, I always buy size 2 or 3. 
 
Finished Product!

Side note, another thing I usually do at baby showers is make the mom a "mommie basket" so she knows that she hasn't been forgotten about. It differs from person to person but I tend to put things like a pair of pj pants, a candle, lotion, a coffee mug, bubble bath, reed diffusers, that kind of stuff. Stuff just for mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment