Friday, October 19, 2012

Just a little Friday Ranting



Forgive me, today will be a day of ranting.


I don't understand what people don't understand about the whole losing weight thing. It is hard. It is going to be hard. Suck it up and do it. There are millions of people out there that have done it and are in the process of doing it now. What is it that you can't seem to wrap your head around? There is no quick fix. There is no magic pill. No any of that crap. It's called don't shovel food into your face like a bear prepping for hibernation, and get your ass up off of the couch, turn off the television, and MOVE! Go for a walk, go for a run, go to the gym, pop in a work out video, it doesn't matter what you do, just do something!!! You did not gain that extra XXX pounds overnight, so don't expect it to come off overnight. Oh and NEWSFLASH! Losing weight is hella harder than gaining it. I know that I may not be the farthest along in my journey, but if I can even understand this concept, why can't others? It just makes NO sense to me!
If you eat like crap, you're going to feel like crap. If you eat like crap, you will not lose weight. There is no such thing as a "keep the same diet and lose weight" plan.


I also don't understand people that complain about things and then do nothing about them. This can be tied in the with weight loss rant, but was brought on by other things. But seriously, if you want something done, just freakin' do it. don't sit around looking at it and bitching about it while waiting for someone else to come along and do it for you.

Also, people that sit in their own self pity for waaaay too long. I get it, people need some time to just feel bad sometimes. I'm not going to take that from you. But to mope around months at a time because you just can't seem to get your life together. It's absurd. Maybe, just maybe, if you get up and go put yourself out there, you can take the right strides to getting your life back together.Who woulda thunk it?

 Reading all of these back, it looks almost as if they could be related. They are not. All from different aspects of goings on in the life of me. I guess the thing that bothers me is people that choose not to take their lives into their own hands and make it into what they want it to be.

RANT OVER

On the plus side, I get to go get my new shoes tomorrow! I'm beyond excited! I started trying to run wearing these old crappy shoes and it just isn't working.  I definitely think it's time to trade these bad boys in. Notice the holes I've worn in the fabric in the backs of them?


















 
 Also, my grandma is amazing! Have I mentioned that lately? Because she is. She's letting me have a "me day" tomorrow. She's going to take H with her for the day so that I can go get my shoes, aaannnnddd she's giving me money to go get my hair done. I only get it done once or twice a year because I just never have the money for it. She saw a picture from right after I had it done last (back in December) and told me that I should get it done again.

Tonight I get to go hang out with two of my favorite ladies ever to help one of them prep for her wedding this December. This looks like a promising weekend. I'm pretty excited. True story.

What are your plans for the weekend? Anything interesting going on?

2 comments:

  1. I am completely with you. I could have written this myself. Yeah - new shoes!! That is where mine wear out too. 5K on Sunday - hopefully not in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom used to drive me nuts always talking about when she was going to some day lose weight and how she needed to do it. It really grated on my nerves so one day I told her that she should just go for it and do instead of talking about it all the time sheesh. I think it actually flipped a little switch for her.

    ReplyDelete